Welcome!

Inspired by Betty Londergan's What Gives 365 and the Bible (not necessarily in that order!), I'm giving away $250 a week in 2011.



This is where I'm recording that journey, and I hope you'll come along for the ride.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Catching Up

Sorry for the silence. Sort of. We've been away for awhile, in the Greek Islands celebrating 20 years of wedded bliss. A friend asked me this week what the very best part was. My possible list was long -- in fact I'd written it out while flying home: the quality of the light and the air, no driving, no bickering, no scheduling, no alarm clock, the fresh healthy food, the views, being near water all of the time, no food planning or cooking, no one complaining about what I chose to cook, spending time with each other when we're actually at our best in the day, not being interrupted, not having to remind anyone about anything, rarely multitasking...I could go on. But one of the very best things about the trip was the quiet. There was a surprising amount of silence -- much of it spent sitting outside gazing out at the sea. So the blog was silent too, and today is catch up day. It's one part of getting back into routine that I've been looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment