Welcome!

Inspired by Betty Londergan's What Gives 365 and the Bible (not necessarily in that order!), I'm giving away $250 a week in 2011.



This is where I'm recording that journey, and I hope you'll come along for the ride.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Thankful from the bottom of her second heart

I'm laughing as I write this. The winner of the 'most fully alive' contest this week is the 27-year-old recipient of a heart transplant. Beat that! :) Thanks to my friend Pippy (also very much alive herself, having packed up her family and headed off to live in Tanzania recently) who reminded me about her friend Andrea Clegg's journeyHaving lived for 14 months with a battery-operated mechanical heart, Andrea had a heart transplant just before Christmas 2010. She is an inspiring young woman, who is using her experience to raise money for Toronto General Hospital's transplant research and to encourage people to become organ donors. Global television crews followed Andrea every step of the way, and you can link to the video they produced through her blog -- it's not for the squeamish, but if you're up for it, hers is an incredible story to watch!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow!! Thank you so much for including me here. I apologize I am just getting to this now... I have gone back to work and trying to get things "back to normal" so my blog got pushed down the list. I'm so honoured that you wrote about my journey. Your donation to TGH is wonderful! I'm exploring your blog now. I also very much appreciate your support of MS. My best friend has MS and we all pray everyday for a cure or a better solution. You are doing wonderful things with all your donations and support.

    ReplyDelete