Welcome!

Inspired by Betty Londergan's What Gives 365 and the Bible (not necessarily in that order!), I'm giving away $250 a week in 2011.



This is where I'm recording that journey, and I hope you'll come along for the ride.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Living Below Your Means

I have this blog, but I don't [yet?] think of myself as a blogger. My friend Sheila is a real blogger, and her post today seems appropriate to include here.

Sheila and I have similar backgrounds. We attended the same university and the same Christian Fellowship group there. That group taught, explicitly and often, about money. For example, I still remember being blown away by one speaker, a successful business owner, who encouraged us to keep what we needed and give away the rest -- as he did. It turned the whole 10% tithing thing on its head for me and made quite an impression.

Anyway, some of that has 'stuck' in my life and apparently in Sheila's too. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment